|2D model of inductor with magnetostriction|
|Browse model files — Download zip archive|
To run the model, open
choke.pro with Gmsh.
This 2D model computes the mechanical deflections of a two-column inductor (choke) with distributed air gaps along the limbs. It takes into account:
- the magnetostriction effect in magnetic sheets
- the Maxwell stress tensor into the whole domain (airgaps and magnetic core)
Magnetostatics and structural mechanics are weakly coupled, assuming that mechanical deflections do not modify the magnetic field distribution. The magnetic field distribution is first computed, and the resulting Maxwell stress tensor and magnetostriction strain tensor are then calculated. The mechanical model also allows to estimate the different resonant frequencies or the inductor.
3 resolution methods are provided:
- A pure magnetostatic study
- A magneto-mechanical study with allows to estimate the complete deflection of the magnetic core due to magnetic effects (combined effect of magnetostrictive and reluctant forces)
- A mechanical study to obtain the eigenmodes of the inductor.
Models developed by Mathieu Rossi and Jean Le Besnerais. Copyright (c) 2015 EOMYS.