GMSH execution manner has 3 different results, and each result has 2 incorrectly different outcomes
Hi, attached is a script I wrote to illustrate a puzzling behavior where gmsh 4.0.1 Windows 64 bit will execute a given script through 3 different ways (command line, through gmsh gui, and through gmsh gui launched by Windows Explorer) and give 3 different result batches. Within each result, the script itself is supposed to generate 2 identical files except in name, but the files come out with different sizes. test.geo
Here are the ways I produced this issue:
Method 1. I ran the script from the command line as
gmsh.exe test.geo - which produced these two files:
Method 2. I then ran the script by opening the gmsh gui, then opening test.geo, which produced these two files:
Method 3. I then ran the script by right clicking it in Windows Explorer and navigating to the gmsh executable to open it, which produced these two files:
From the size, I believe the only correct execution of my script was through method 3. I was able to test this on a linux computer with gmsh 4.0.1 Linux 64 bit and found that method 1 with that setup also incorrectly executes the script (at least based on the size compared to method 3).