MSH 4.1 format
Ideas for a future 4.1 revision of the MSH4 format:
- ability to use 64 bit node and element tags (see #395)
- additional features for high-performance parallel IO (MPI IO)
- reworked post-processing fields with the ability to choose float size
- changes based on user feedback:
- add min/max vertex/element tags in the section header?
tagin Nodes/Element section to match the api and the Periodic section
- store onyly x, y, z for
$Entitiesof dimension 0 (points), instead of xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax, zmin, zmax
Not in the format per-se, but related:
- include an option to renumber meshes based on physical definitions, i.e. renumber all the nodes/elements that are needed by physical groups first, followed by all the other nodes/elements? We could use something similar to
getAdditionalEntitiesin the MSH4 code to sort entities.