The third Gmsh workshop took place in Lanzarote on March 29-31, 2017.
Wednesday March 29
Tuesday March 30
- Cédric's talk about Pampa
- Jean-François' talk about Hextreme
- Jeanne's talk about the topology of hex decompositions
- Pierre-Alexandre's talk about parametrizations
- Discussion and roadmap
- Gmsh 3.0 (April 2017): cf. Christophe's talk
- Gmsh 3.1 (Autumn 2017):
- embryo of C API
- remove old GModelFactory
- make it clear that the wrappers (Python/Java) are unsupported and for developers only
- Gmsh 3.2:
- remove old reparametrization code
- remove old 3D initial mesher
- Pampa interface for distributed (re)meshing?
- Gmsh 4.0:
- distribute C API and DLL
- re-write 2D meshing routines
- distribute multi-threaded version using openmp? or move to std::threads? or tbb?
- link with Hextreme algorithms :-)
- Open questions:
- linear solver (keep PETSc?)
- Linux font rendering
- how well will the web interface work?
Friday March 31
- Social day