3D Model - Electric machine - equivalent to moving band in 3D
I am trying to model an axial flux machine (two stators, one central rotor disc). I found a few (great) 2D examples using the moving band method. I am not sure if such 3D models already exist and what method should used for simulation purpose.
Attached the geo file and a PNG of the preview of a example machine (4 poles, 6 teeth).
NB: the machine might not have any symmetry, as stator shifting, skewing etc. might be implemented. The whole machine needs to be simulated.
Setup - summary:
- A double stator single rotor axial flux machine
- Goal: 3D geometry and simulation (torque, losses)
- Based on gmsh & GetDP
- Is there an equivalent to 2D moving band for 3D geometries?
- Any knowledge of existing similar projects? (links to papers/code source)
- What would be the best practice/which example to follow to simulate such machine?
Thank you for the help!