|Electrostatic microstrip with floating potentials|
|Browse model files — Download zip archive|
To run the model, open
floating.pro with Gmsh
and click on the "Run" button in the left panel.
Features addressed in this tutorial
- Global quantities and their special shape functions (see picture above)
- Computation of the energy dual, i.e. of the armature charge of the electrode
- More on ONELAB parameters (flags, model options, check boxes, menus, ...)
This is a further step building on the electrostatic 2D model of a microstrip (tutorial 1). We show in this tutorial how GetDP takes advantage of global quantities and the associated global basis functions
- to reduce the number of unknowns
- to deal with floating potentials
- to compute efficiently the electrode charges, which are the energy duals of the electrode voltages
- to compute output quantities (charges, armature voltages, capacitances, ...) that can be immediately used in a external circuit.
|This work was funded in part by the Walloon Region (WBGreen No 1217703 FEDO, WIST3 No 1017086 ONELAB) and by the Belgian Science Policy (IAP P7/02). Copyright (c) 2012-2017 ULiège-UCL|